Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Lipora
Frequent Visitor

Help with converting data to a matrix of true false

The data is comming from a CSV file that we generate each month.

BaseData.jpg

The goal is to have a report that looks like this:

Final Report.jpg

From a visual perspective I'd prefer checkboxes instead of 1's but I'm willing to live with ones 🙂

I've managed to sort out transforms that can get me a list of all the "unique licenses" and other transforms that can get me the list shrunk down to have each user as a single line and their licenses into a Comma Seperated List in the one column, but I can seem to figure out how to "Create a New Table" using all those pieces.  Each month that list of Licenses could go up or down so I need the columns created dynamically based on the unique list. and then essentially a true false evaluation to see if the matrix should have a checkbox for the user in a particular column or not.

Does anyone have some hints to help me out?

Thanks in Advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Pivot your original table on the License field. Better yet, let the matrix visual do the work for you.

Don't worry about the 1s or checkboxes, you can always add these in the UI, via a measure, icons, or UNICHAR.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Pivot your original table on the License field. Better yet, let the matrix visual do the work for you.

Don't worry about the 1s or checkboxes, you can always add these in the UI, via a measure, icons, or UNICHAR.

The Matrix Visualizer worked great.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Now I just have to look up Measures LOL

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.