Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Help with POWER BI formula

hello community, I hope you are well... I have the following query:

when performing the formula that I copy below, it throws me error, when the column has no value or is blank, I do not realize that I have done wrong, I hope your help please.

CC3_Neumáticos =
var Noapplica = calculate(average('AD_Neumáticos'[CC3. Rolling folder without oversizing material or potholes. (Object) Objective of the control:• To have tracks in good condition to avoid exposure and/or contact of the tires with ...]),filter(ALLSELECTED('AD_Neumáticos'[CC3. Rolling folder without oversizing material or potholes. (Object) Objective of the control:• To have tracks in good condition to avoid exposure and/or contact of the tires with ...]),not(isblank('AD_Neumáticos'[CC3. Rolling folder without oversizing material or potholes. (Object) Objective of the control:• To have tracks in good condition to avoid exposure and/or contact of the tyres with ...]))))
return
if(isblank(Notapplic),"Not applicable",Not applicable)
Jos_Valds_0-1629262115903.png

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi  @Syndicate_Admin ,

What is the data type of the field referenced by the AVERAGE function? Based on the error message, it looks like you are using a field with TEXT type to calculate the average... Therefore, make sure that the field used to calculate the average is of a NUMERIC type. If its data type is numeric and you still get such an error message, please provide some sample data(exclude sensitive data) applied to the visual where the error message appears. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , can you paste the error here. by clicking on that you will get the error.

Also share complete formula

This is the error message:

Jos_Valds_0-1629264929563.png

Hi  @Syndicate_Admin ,

What is the data type of the field referenced by the AVERAGE function? Based on the error message, it looks like you are using a field with TEXT type to calculate the average... Therefore, make sure that the field used to calculate the average is of a NUMERIC type. If its data type is numeric and you still get such an error message, please provide some sample data(exclude sensitive data) applied to the visual where the error message appears. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.