Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RyanLeeMc
Frequent Visitor

Help with Chart with X and Y axis to possible fill with colour

Hi, 

Not sure I have worded my subject properly as I'm not actually sure if its possible but will supply screenshots below to assist with what I'm after....

I currently have this scatter graph: (the greenlines are average lines added in the analytics section)

RyanLeeMc_0-1648800947854.png

I want to somehow make the graph look like the below:

RyanLeeMc_1-1648801146446.png

Essentialy I am going to over lay a similar chart above this with the same data but for specific accounts, so if the accounts frequency or severity is over the average it will show in the red area (bad) and if under the averages it will show in the green area (good)

I just dont know if it's possible to get the colour on these graphs like in the second image? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Stephen, 

Thank you for the reply and thanks for the advise but unfortunately this is not going to work for what I need.

The value in the scatter graph will change daily and i need the red/green areas to match where the lines and value will be 😕 

I have since found an external visual (see link): https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA200002735?tab=Overview

It is free to use on desktop but if you want to publish the report for users to view you need a licence for the visual. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RyanLeeMc ,

Currently, the background color of a scatter plot can only be unified by one color.

As a workaround, you could use the plot area for that.

vstephenmsft_0-1649037829537.png

Reference:

Solved: Background for Scatter Graph - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Stephen, 

Thank you for the reply and thanks for the advise but unfortunately this is not going to work for what I need.

The value in the scatter graph will change daily and i need the red/green areas to match where the lines and value will be 😕 

I have since found an external visual (see link): https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA200002735?tab=Overview

It is free to use on desktop but if you want to publish the report for users to view you need a licence for the visual. 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.