Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SuzanneSte
Frequent Visitor

Help needed Relative Date Slicer

Hello, would really appreciate your help with this.

I have two separate reports using a common csv file. 

Within one of them, I have a date slicer, relative date, working as expected. 

In the other using the same field I cannot get the slicer working the same way. 

This one is working as expected displaying the last 20 days relative to the rest of the fields. 

SuzanneSte_0-1685716326266.png

SuzanneSte_1-1685716416841.png

This is the 2nd report - it shows each instance of each of the last 20 days

SuzanneSte_2-1685716474828.png  

I have been seaching for differences between the reports and the fields and cannot find it !

Would very much appreciate a pointer 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BobSled
Frequent Visitor

you may have a bad join between 2 tables. usually when you see data duplicating like that its becasue the join for the view you are trying to create is contradictive of another join to that same table.

there are ways around this but in some instances its easier to duplicate the 2 tables you are using to create a different join for the new view you are trying to create. Its not optimal but its a work around.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BobSled
Frequent Visitor

you may have a bad join between 2 tables. usually when you see data duplicating like that its becasue the join for the view you are trying to create is contradictive of another join to that same table.

there are ways around this but in some instances its easier to duplicate the 2 tables you are using to create a different join for the new view you are trying to create. Its not optimal but its a work around.

Thank you BobSled!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.