Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

seanpratt
Helper III
Helper III

Help With Formula

I have one two tables. The first is a Profit and Loss table that ends up showing me a value of 683K. I want this value to automatically fall under the Retained Earnings section within my Balance Sheet. I want all other balance sheet values to remain the same as the measure I set for them, but the Retained Earnings account to be a sum of the original budget measure + the new profitlossmeasure.

I was able to recreate the ProfitLoss measure perfectly:

PnL Measure = CALCULATE(

SUM('Appended Data'[Adjusted Amount]), 'Appended Data'[Type] = "Budget", 'Appended Data'[Scenario-Name] = "Budget", 'Appended Data'[Period] = "2020", 'Appended Data'[Key]=1)

* The "=1" is a calculated column that tells me which accounts are to be included in the PnL table.

Now, when I have my Balance Sheet - I set up a formula like this:

New Budget Measure Logic = SUMX(VALUES('Chart of Accounts'[Account]),

IF('Chart of Accounts'[Account]="3500 · Retained Earnings",

[$ Budget BS]+[ProfitLossMeasure),

[$ Budget BS]))

For whatever reason, it keeps showing a blank value for the ProfitLossMeasure... can anyone give me some suggestions to try here?

1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @seanpratt ,

Can you please share some sample data and expected result? I'm not clear about your requirement now.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.