Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jhalverson
Helper I
Helper I

Help! Accidentally set footer height to 0 and can't change it

Hi all,

This is one of the dumber things I have done with Power BI Paginated Report builder. It appeared on one of my reports that the footer was missing even when I clicked the show footer button at the top of Power BI Paginated reports. Took me awhile to replicate the issue, but I think it was caused from me setting the footer height to 0. I am unable to click on the footer to change the height as there is nothing to click on. I also tried moving the bottom of the page with my cursor and increasing the page length. 

jhalverson_2-1671472794815.png

When I add the footer this little white bar appears (where arrow is pointing to in image), but I can't click or right click on it. Any ideas? To replicate this issue just make a blank paginated report and set the footer height to 0. My report version is 15.7.1801.18 and it says it is up to date as of 12/19/2022.  I appreciate the help!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jhalverson ,

To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:

• Click on the "Design" tab in the ribbon at the top of the Paginated Report Builder.
  • In the "Page Setup" section, click on the "Page Properties" button.
  • In the "Page Properties" dialog box, go to the "Page" tab.
  • In the "Footer" section, enter a value greater than 0 in the "Height" field. This will allow you to click on the footer and edit it.
  • Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

Alternatively, you can try the following steps:

• Click on the "Design" tab in the ribbon at the top of the Paginated Report Builder.
  • In the "Page Setup" section, click on the "Page Properties" button.
  • In the "Page Properties" dialog box, go to the "Page" tab.
  • In the "Footer" section, click on the "Edit" button.
  • This will open the footer in the design area, allowing you to edit it.
  • When you are done editing the footer, click on the "Design" tab in the ribbon again, and then click on the "Close Footer" button.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-henryk-mstf ,

were you able to see my original response? 

Thanks,

Josh

Appreciate the detailed response! Struggling to find the page tab in the Page Setup Section. I clicked on where the arrow is pointing in report properties to pull up a dialogue that had page setup on it, but couldn't find anywhere you could change the height of the footer.

jhalverson_0-1671550719370.png

Is that pane on the right side that says properties the correct spot to be starting in?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.