Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SDigital
Frequent Visitor

HELP: Opened and Closed Projects

Hi

I am trying to produce a graph that shows the amount of projects opened and closed per month.

My dataset consists of two tables: Project Definition and a Calendar table. 

The Project Definition table contains "date created" "status last changed date" and "status" . Project Definition and Calendar are joined on "date created".

I am using the "status last changed date" as the closed date if the status = closed

I have two measures counting closed and open projects, but the numbers don't add up on the graph. 

I suspect it is due to the nature of the relationship between the project and calendar table.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi SDigital,

What's the table structure and relationship between your tables currently? Could you share the dax formula you are using?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi Jimmy

Relationship.JPG

I have a one to many relationship between Calendar/Date and Project Definition/Created Date

I also have another inactive relationship between Calendar/Date and Project Definiton/Status last changed date

The measures i am using to count the opened and closed projects are:

Projects Opened = COUNTROWS('Project Definition')

Closed Projects = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Project Definition'),('Project Definition'[Status] = "ZCLS"),USERELATIONSHIP('Project Definition'[Status last changed date],'Calendar'[Date]))

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.