Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ravalib
Advocate II
Advocate II

HASONEFILTER or ISFILTERED not working for Timeline Slicer and Map

Hi guys,

I am trying to use hasonefilter/isfiltered on a timeline slicer which is on year level. What I want to do is, unless I make a year selection on the timeline slicer,  I want a particular bar graph to be empty. So I use a measure - if(hasonefilter(table[column_name],1,2) and set the measure to 1 under visual level filters. But this seems to work for everything else except the timeline slicer and the Map. Please let me know how i can get it to work for these two. 

Note: the column in the hasonefilter is date column which has date in the format mm-dd-yyyy. I believe this is the cause of the issue. Any help?

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ravalib,

I'd like to suggest you to use HASONEVALUE function to instead:

flag = IF(HASONEVALUE(Silcer[Type]),1,2) 

8.PNG9.PNG

>>Also, if I multi-select the slicer after adding the above DAX, it is not working.

Since hasonevalue not works on multi-select, I modify the formula to use other condition to check if the slicer has been selected.

flag =
IF ( COUNTROWS ( Slicer ) <> COUNTROWS ( ALL ( Slicer ) ), 1, 2 )

10.PNG

Notice: since power bi can't correct recognize 'all select' and 'unselect', it not works when you select all items on slicer.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I also asked about how if we have multiple slicers (more than 1), how will we make sure that the visual goes blank unless a selection is made in any of these slicers? I basically want the same thing to happen.. except with more than 1 slicer.. can u please suggest?

HI @ravalib,

>>I also asked about how if we have multiple slicers (more than 1), how will we make sure that the visual goes blank unless a selection is made in any of these slicers? I basically want the same thing to happen.. except with more than 1 slicer.

For your requirement, you can duplicate bold part formula with needed slicer source table as conditions.(use 'AND' logic link them)

flag =
IF ( COUNTROWS ( Slicer ) <> COUNTROWS ( ALL ( Slicer ) ), 1, 2 )

Sample:

flag =
IF (
    COUNTROWS ( Table1 ) <> COUNTROWS ( ALL ( Table1 ) )
        && COUNTROWS ( Table2 ) <> COUNTROWS ( ALL ( Table2 ) ),
)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks. I edited the question just to be more specific. Please look at that and let me know.

HI @ravalib,

Can you please share the pbix file for test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Sorry, it is confidential data and it is coming from a DB. Not allowed to do so.

hi @ravalib,

Did you find any solution for this issue.

Thanks

Pallavi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.