Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JimN
Frequent Visitor

Group type list does not show value zero under Ungrouped values

Hi, I am using the new feature Binning/Groups.  When I select the Group type list, the value zero does not appear under the "Ungrouped values" selection, although I do have zero values in the columns.

I also tried creating a new column with just zero value, and in this case, the 'Ungrouped values" selection was empty.

Any idea how to resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@JimN

Please download the Jan 2017 version of Power BI Desktop. This issue should has been fixed now.

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@JimN

In order to group numeric data as categories you can change the column type to "text". Then the "0" value shall be present in the ungrouped values list.

1. Select numeric column in the Field List
  2. Switch to Modeling ribbon tab
  3. Click on the Data Type dropdown in ribbon and pick the "Text" data type
  4. Right click on the field and select New Group from context menu Result: 0 values is shown in the dialog

Best Regards,

Herbert

Thanks, that worked. But this method requires me to create a new duplicated column to have the text type, as i need the original column to remain as numeric type. Can you fix this issue to make it work for numeric column types as well?

@JimN

Fix will be available in the January 2017 release of the desktop. Please check it later.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Thanks! Looking forward to it.

@JimN

Please download the Jan 2017 version of Power BI Desktop. This issue should has been fixed now.

Best Regards,

Herbert

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@JimN

I reproduced same issue as yours. The zero values are not included "Ungrouped  Values".

88.PNG

We have reported this issue internally. You can also submit an issue.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.