Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

trevorsherpr
Frequent Visitor

Google Ads Connector Doesn't Match Google Dashboard Numbers

Hello,

I have connected my Google Ads to Power BI using the built in connector and have got Adwords campaign costs. Happy Days!

But, the numbers coming into Power BI don't agree to the numbers in Google Ads dashboard.

For yesterday the connector is saying £418 and the dashboard is saying £303.19 the exact same campaign.

I suspected that it could be a currency conversion things where the connector is giving me dollars. But $418 equals £346.

So it doesn't seem like that is the problem.

Any ideas chaps?

Trev

4 REPLIES 4
Adel
Helper III
Helper III

yes Power bi google ads's native connector default to us dollars and also messes up with the date also and it follows how they use it in the us.
Have you tried using a third-party connector? might be a solution

there is this tool called windsor.ai which lets you preview your data before sending to power bi as shown below
Screenshot_11.png
https://windsor.ai/connect-google-ads-to-power-bi/

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@trevorsherpr , Can you check if the complete data is loaded. Check the number of rows in data view.

Also open and check power query for any errors

The query that i chose in the connector only gives me 1 line per day per campaign. So it's not possible to see the breakdown any deeper.

I also watched the traffic using Fiddler and there were no errors.

Any idea if the Google connector defaults to US dollards?

Trev

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.