Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Memory Error when trying to load a table from snowflake of 140 million count

Im trying to load a table (import mode) which  has 140 million rows and when it reaches about 90 million rows it throws memory error. I have enough and more space left in the C drive. Is it something related to the RAM. I have 8 GB RAM. Or is there any limitation in importing ? Below is the error message i got. Please advice.

Memory Error.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

There's no specific row limitations in power bi desktop. But there's a 1GB limitation in shared capacity on power bi service. Please refer to doc below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-get-data#considerations-and-limitations

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft 

Thanks. I was getting the memory allocation error in powerbi desktop only. And I assume I do have enought memory in the drive , 150 GB,  but RAM is 8 GB. 

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

There's no specific row limitations in power bi desktop. But there's a 1GB limitation in shared capacity on power bi service. Please refer to doc below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-get-data#considerations-and-limitations

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft 

Thanks a lot for the reply. As I was mentioning above I was trying to import a table that has 140 million rows . Is there any limitation in the number of rows that can be imported.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

This error message has mentioned that your server doesn't have more space to allocate. You need to reduce the data source and simplify the model in snwflake.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.