Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gastonguy
Frequent Visitor

Get Previous row value according to filters

Hello,

I have a table with different objects and the objects evolve over time. One object is identified by object_number and we can track it with the object_line_number. And every evolution of the object has a status.

I want to calculate the time elapsed between some status.

Below is my table for one object_number "us1":

1.PNG

In yellow are the rowscontaining the starting date. They are found if (status_id = 0 and (old_status <> 0 or object_line_number = 1) and emergency_level = 1).

In green are the rows containing the ending date. They are found if (status_id =2,3,4,5 and old_status = 0).

The column old_status does not exist in the table. This is the status of the previous row (according to the object)line_number). I am retrieving it thanks to the following measure:

old_status = CALCULATE (
 MAX(fact_object[status_id]),
 FILTER (
ALL(fact_object),
fact_object[object_line_number] = IF(fact_object[object_line_number]=1, fact_object[object_line_number], MAX (fact_object[object_line_number])-1)), VALUES (fact_object[object_number]))

I am in DirectQuery mode, so a lot of functions are not present for Calculated Columns, that's why I am using Measures.

Once that is done, I want then to be able to get for every green row the date_modification of the previous yellow row

In this example, the result would be 4/4 then 1. So that I can calculate the time difference between the date_modification of the current green row and the date_modification of the previous yellow row.

So I was thinking of adding a new column named date_received, which is the date_modification of the previous yellow row;

Capture.PNG

From there, I just have to keep only the green rows and calculate the difference between date_modification and date_received.

My final calcul is actually to have this :

Result = (number of green rows which date difference between date_modification and date_received <= 15 min) / (number of green rows which DAY(date_modification) = DAY(date_received))

But I don't know how to do it.

I have tried in the same spirit of the old_status measure to do this:

date_received = CALCULATE (
 MAX(fact_object[date_modification]),
 FILTER (
	 ALL(fact_object), 
	 (fact_object[object_line_number] =  MAX (fact_object[object_line_number])-1) &&  MY OTHER FILTERS
 ),
 VALUES (fact_object[object_number])

)

But didn't succeed.

In SQL, the equivalent would be like this:

SELECT 
	SUM(CASE WHEN (DATEDIFF(MINUTE, T.date_received, T.date_planification) <= 15) THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)  /
	SUM(CASE WHEN (DAY(T.date_received) = DAY(T.date_planification)) THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) as result
FROM (
	SELECT *, T.status_id as current_status,
		LAG(T.date_modification) OVER(PARTITION BY T.object_number ORDER BY T.object_line_number) as date_received,
		T.date_modification as date_planification
	FROM 
	(
		select *,
			LAG (status_id) OVER(PARTITION BY object_number ORDER BY object_line_number) AS old_status
		from dbo.fact_object
	) AS T
	WHERE ((T.status_id = 0 AND (T.old_status <> 0 OR T.object_line_number = 1) AND T.emergency_level = 1) OR (T.old_status = 0 AND T.status_id IN (2,3,4,5)))--974
) AS T
WHERE old_status = 0

(Well maybe there is a better way to do it in SQL that I've done).

How can I achieve this? 

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@gastonguy

According to your description, you want to create a column to show Date_Modification in the previous Yellow row for each Green row. In this scenario, you don't have a column to group each couple of "Green-Yellow" rows. So we need to track the most recent object_line_number.

I assume you already have a table like below.

11.PNG

You can add a calculated column to get the previous object_line_number.

previous line number = CALCULATE(MAX(Table1[Object_Line_Number]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[Object_Line_Number]<EARLIER(Table1[Object_Line_Number])))

22.PNG

Then add a calculated column for Date_Received.

Date Received = IF(Table1[Status]="Yellow",Table1[Date_Modification],LOOKUPVALUE(Table1[Date_Modification],Table1[Object_Line_Number],Table1[previous line number],Table1[Status],"Yellow"))

33.PNG

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.