Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Gateway to IP file

Hello,

I need to create a connection at the gateway to access data from an Excel file in a folder located on a NAS with a path like this: \\192.168.0.25\Folder\Subfolder

When I add the connection and enter the user and password of the computer where the gateway is installed, which has access to the NAS path, I always get an error in the user name and credentials. I have tried:

• User + Password
  • PCName\User + Password
  • NASUser + NASPassword

but there is no way to connect. How can I do it?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello

I have already fixed the problem. The gateway service configured with the account of the PC where it is installed in this way: PCname\Username and its corresponding password. This assignment must be done from the Gateway configuration screen, not from Windows services.

Thanks same here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello

I have already fixed the problem. The gateway service configured with the account of the PC where it is installed in this way: PCname\Username and its corresponding password. This assignment must be done from the Gateway configuration screen, not from Windows services.

Thanks same here.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello

Thanks same here.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

The error is that it does not recognize the credentials of that source: incorrect username or password, with error number 1326.

The gateway is configured with the Power BI user accessing the report published to the service from Power BI Desktop and is installed on a local PC with a single admin user, which is the one I assign in the connection credentials on the gateway. From this computer, I have access to the NAS without problems and I can modify the contents of the folder where the source file is.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Raul ,

What error message did you get?

And the the gateway should run under its own credentials and should be online.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.