Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

pennyjl

Gateway not configured correctly - switching from personal to gateway on server

The employee that was doing PowerBI left and I got it dropped in my lap.   I have been reading and taking training classes, and trying to learn as much as I can, while still doing my IT responsibilities.    I have set up a Gateway on one of our servers ( actually done this process a few times trying to get it right).    However, now that the gateway appears to be running, I have set up new data sources for the gateway.   And am trying to move or change our reports so that they are running through the gateway, instead of the personal gateway from my laptop.    I am getting a message in Powerbi, when looking to move to the source from the personal gateway to the new gateway, it says it is NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY"    I have redone it a few times, but get the same message, not seeing anything wrong in the gatway setup, and not sure what to do or what the issue could be.  Hoping that someone has a suggestion as to what to lookl for, or how to fix it, or what could be the issue that is causing this problem.    Any suggestions on how to fix, resource to contact, of some guideance will be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pennyjl ,

If I understand correctly, the issue is that you want to move the source from the personal gateway to the new gateway, but it shows the error. To solve the issue, you can follow these steps:

1.When move the source from the personal gateway to the new gateway, you should create a new connection.

vjiewumsft_0-1702008224320.png

2.Select Manage connections and gateways and create a new connection.

vjiewumsft_1-1702008249701.png

vjiewumsft_3-1702008267053.png

vjiewumsft_4-1702008275536.png

3.Select the settings, Add to gateway, select the Apply.

vjiewumsft_5-1702008294656.png

vjiewumsft_6-1702008302625.png

4.Ensure that the data source settings are correctly configured and the gateway is able to connect to the data source.

5.If the above one can't help you, could you please provide the screenshots? It would be helpful to find out the solution.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Wisdom wu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors