Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dkernen
Resolver II
Resolver II

Gantt chart 2.2.3 creating erroneous end dates

I am in great need of help on the Gantt chart.  The chart works fine, unless my start and end date are less than 24 hours different.  Then the system is CHANGING my end date to exactly 24 hours past my start date.  Can someone please help me fix this asap?  I am using Gantt 2.2.3 from the Marketplace. @Gantt, @ChangingDataHello! 

I have screenshot showing:

The first row IM201909-001 has a Start DT of 9/2/2019 06:51 and an End DT of 9/2/2019 14:51.  I created a “True Duration in Days” as 0.33 days as the actual duration is only 8 hours.  But the tooltip and the length of the bar are showing as 24 hours past the start date.

But on the third record 09022019-004 the start date is 9/2/2019 10:54 and the end date is correctly showing as 9/4/2019 11:45.  The true duration is 2.035 days.

The problem happens when the true End Date is less than 24 hours from the start date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dkernen,

Sorry for that we put the unnessary screenshot of setting files, we can chang this setting in the panel of power bi desktop after clicking the visual you want to change:

1.PNG

If you use start time and end time columns, we can set the unit to hours and min duration to zero. Then we can change the date type as days to make the x-axis will not be very long.

2.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

wesper3d_0-1653499527578.png

In the configuration of the object I found that I can put it to Hours and this helps me to measure all the activities of the day

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dkernen ,

Based on my research, the default min duration is set as 1 day in setting.

4.PNG5.PNG

We can change it to 0 days to fix this problem:

6.PNG

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Whoa!  Thank you SO much for your research.  I am a newbie to Power BI.  When you say "we can change it to 0" - what does that mean?  Does that mean you can change the visual in the marketplace or does that mean I can create my own custom visual by making the change you note below?  I am afraid I do not know how to make my own custom visual (yet!) but I am excited to learn.

Hi @dkernen,

Sorry for that we put the unnessary screenshot of setting files, we can chang this setting in the panel of power bi desktop after clicking the visual you want to change:

1.PNG

If you use start time and end time columns, we can set the unit to hours and min duration to zero. Then we can change the date type as days to make the x-axis will not be very long.

2.PNG

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.