Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Maricel
Frequent Visitor

GA4 - Google Analytics is giving me some troubles at Reading data

Hello,

I'm trying to read some data from one of my clients' google analytics account. The problem I have is that I can`t see any database's content.

As you see in the image, the database  "xxx" is deployed but showing nothing. 

Maricel_1-1667841126659.png

Am I doing something wrong or  just should check a specifict something ? Had anyone had this trouble and solved it?

HELP PLEASE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Maricel 

In the navigator box, you can select which data you would like to be loaded into Power BI. The options are set up the same way that the Google Analytics account hierarchy is set up.

The top-level is the Account, the second level is the Property, and the bottom level is the View. Select which account, property, and view that contains the data you are looking for.
In order to load in the data, you must ensure that you have the proper permissions in Google Analytics.

Please refer to below tutorials.
How to Connect Google Analytics to Microsoft Power BI 

Understanding Google Analytics User Permissions at Account, Property and View Level 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ReportMaster
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Maricel , as someone else mentioned, there is no native connector to GA4, the 2.0 beta connector is compatible with GA4 but has some issues and I don't really recommend it. From the options mentioned above, I've tried some of them and currently I use windsor.ai to connect my GA4 data, it's been a great solution for a fair price

sambo345
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Maricel 

You're having a problem because the Google Analytics connector in PBI only works with UA, not GA4. As it stands, there is no native GA4 connector so you need to find a custom solution.

Everyone is having the same problem and there are more or less 3 solutions at present.

• You can set up big query and move your data to there, then link to bigquery from PBI. This is relatively low cost, but requires some querying skills to rework the data in BQ.
  • You can pay a 3rd party to use one of their connectors, like supermetrics, dataddo or windsor, which are easy solution if you're happy to swallow some costs.
  • You can build your own custom connector, (heres a blog showing how) which is free but takes 20 mins of fiddling.

I went with option 3, got it all working first try - but pick the option that you're most comfortable with. Best of luck!

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Maricel 

In the navigator box, you can select which data you would like to be loaded into Power BI. The options are set up the same way that the Google Analytics account hierarchy is set up.

The top-level is the Account, the second level is the Property, and the bottom level is the View. Select which account, property, and view that contains the data you are looking for.
In order to load in the data, you must ensure that you have the proper permissions in Google Analytics.

Please refer to below tutorials.
How to Connect Google Analytics to Microsoft Power BI 

Understanding Google Analytics User Permissions at Account, Property and View Level 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.