Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jamaicawi
Helper II
Helper II

Funnel chart without category

Hi everyone,

I have a Power Bi report that uses funnel charts throughout the report. The data is large ~700 rows of data.

Everything is fine with the exception of one funnel chart that does not use a data field in the Category. It has sum data in the Values. Because of this the visual will not show as a true funnel (largest to smallest or vice versa). I can't use any of the table data fields as category and the report must use funnel only. My question, is there a way to have a separate table or a column that would somehow link to each instance the value field example Business Leader is found? Here is snip sample of the data.

DateRegionalBusiness LeadersLocal LeadersState ElectedsLocal ElectedsNon-Profit/Community
2/2/2023East419258
2/4/2023Central22173710
3/2/2023West332468
3/4/2023Northwest5104109
3/10/2023East19876

this is what it looks like

jamaicawi_0-1680292237142.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jamaicawi , You can create measures and use that in the funnel, You can decide the order of measure.

Or create a calculation group on measures and us that

Calculation Groups- Measure Slicer, Measure Header Grouping, Measure to dimension conversion. Complex Table display : https://youtu.be/qMNv67P8Go0

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jamaicawi
Helper II
Helper II

@amitchandak - thank you for responding. I have looked at the video and found it very helpful. For this issue that I was having, I resolved it by using Unpivot on the columns in the power query transformation. It worked perfect! 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jamaicawi , You can create measures and use that in the funnel, You can decide the order of measure.

Or create a calculation group on measures and us that

Calculation Groups- Measure Slicer, Measure Header Grouping, Measure to dimension conversion. Complex Table display : https://youtu.be/qMNv67P8Go0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.