Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Artefact
Helper II
Helper II

Formula of calculated column gone and formula bar greyed out

Hello,

I made a caclulated column in a table which source is an Excel file on Sharepoint. Suddenly I can't see the formula of this column in the formula bar. And now which each refresh, the is no recalculation of this column. The formula bar is greyed out, when I click on the column. Somehow the complete column and te formula have materialized in some way! How is this possible? I can make a new calculated column. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
polymathy2017
Advocate III
Advocate III

After two years, still no acceptable response to this question? 

I just ran into this. I'm very new to power BI. I don't know if this is helpful or not.  I had a calculated measure. As I was building out the project, I actually had a copy of the same measure in another table. When I clicked on the other version (original measure), the formula bar and code appeared. When I clicked on the copy of the measure, I had a grey bar.

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Artefact ,

Would you please show us the screenshot of your issue? And please check if the table in import model:

Capture1.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Artefact_0-1603946485661.png

Hello Dedmon,

The column "accountmanager" is a calculated field. And as you can see the DAX formula does not show and the formula bar stays greyd out. 

Hi @Artefact ,

Did you create the calculated column in power bi desktop by dax ? Where did you create the calculated column in excel or query editor? If so, it will be treated as common column without formula.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.