Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

l6903b5
Frequent Visitor

Formula Editor causes Power BI to freeze

I'm having this problem for the second time. When I select a measure in the fields panel Power BI freezes. The formula editor is not showing up. In the task manager I can see that processor and memory usage of Power BI are rising. After a minute or so Power BI crashes with a warning that there is a problem with WebView2. 

I already disabled Webview2 (File->Options and Settings -> Options -> Preview Features and disable the "Power BI Desktop Infrastructure Update" feature switch). But the problem remains. Instead It no longer crashes with a warning, but Power BI just showing me a white screen. I have to manually end Power BI in task manager.  

My laptop meets all the requirements. I reinstalled Power BI from the Microsoft store, but that did not work. Last time I had this problem was in december '22. My laptop had to be reinstalled to solve the problem. I'd prefer a different approach this time. Does anybody have a solution? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
l6903b5
Frequent Visitor

Problem solved! I work with an ethernet cable connected. At home as well as in the office. When I walked to the company servicedesk I had to switch to wifi and that solved the problem. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
l6903b5
Frequent Visitor

Problem solved! I work with an ethernet cable connected. At home as well as in the office. When I walked to the company servicedesk I had to switch to wifi and that solved the problem. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.