Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TheMartha
Regular Visitor

Formatting SSAS values (Live connection/explore live)

I want to see my date as Date and not as DateTime.

The data comes from a cube - SSAS. If I use excel, the date shows as it should. But when I get the data for a PBI report and I start connecting data from the desktop - using PCG, I will get the datetime and not the date.

It is not possible to format because I do not have the buttons to go back the system (like to do DAX) and stuff. Somebody there with the same kind of issue? Help Please. (Live connection)

/The Martha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @TheMartha,

Currently, Cell level Formatting and translation features are not supported in this release of SSAS MD. These features will be enabled in upcoming releases of Power BI Desktop. Even you use FORMAT() function, it will still take the source format.

Capture.PNG

See "Limitations of SSAS Multidimensional Models in Power BI Desktop" in link below:

Connect to SSAS Multidimensional Models in Power BI Desktop

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RajSeth

Still, The DateTime is not showing in the table for SSAS live connection with Power BI.

When I export the data into excel DateTime format is coming.  

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @TheMartha,

Currently, Cell level Formatting and translation features are not supported in this release of SSAS MD. These features will be enabled in upcoming releases of Power BI Desktop. Even you use FORMAT() function, it will still take the source format.

Capture.PNG

See "Limitations of SSAS Multidimensional Models in Power BI Desktop" in link below:

Connect to SSAS Multidimensional Models in Power BI Desktop

Regards,

Have their been any updates to being able to format, model, and add measures/columns to live connections?  Any ETA on when this will be possible?  REALLY need this feature.

@BarryB75 Status on the request still shows "Under Review" from June...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it still "Under Review". It's been a year and still there is no solution to the date issue using live SSAS connection.

Thank you for the quick reply.  Hopefully they will make it happen soon.   It's pretty frustrating at the moment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.