Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jbhwcm
Advocate I
Advocate I

Formatting Row Headers in Matrix

I want to change the background for specific rows in a matrix.  I am able to change the background in the field formatting section background color, but it only changes for the values, not the row header. Is there any way to also change the row header background color, but only for specific rows?

10 REPLIES 10
rdborges
Regular Visitor

It's just completely unbelievable that this is still broken when we are almost in 2023. Microsoft is as slow as a rock when it comes to updating their software.

SchRok
Advocate I
Advocate I

Still not fixed in 2022, I would really need this to be implemented I often find myself in the situation where the values are formatted but their row hedears are not. You also cannot change the font style etc for a single row header. Very inconvenient when you try to build a profit and losss and cannot format it properly. In the example below, i would just need the formatting of the values to be in the row headers as well.

SchRok_0-1649153346001.png

jiew
Regular Visitor

Why such a simple feature so hard to be implemented? Frustrating!

Chrisinus75
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I found a solution to this by adding a column to return my headers as "values", then applying the same rule of the other matrix values to that column and finally hide the actual headers' column.

Christian

Would you be able to ellaborate on this at all? Curious if it might work for my situation but I don't follow what you mean by "retun my headers as values".

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jbhwcm,

Based on my test, it is not possible to meet your requirement currently. You can come up a new idea about that and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Still It is not possible to change the background colour in Row Header in Metrics for particular value ?

Sorry to hijack, but this shouldn't be a new idea...  this is more of a bug report.  Why?  Because you can apply the field formatting to the Matrix Value Header if you don't have Values as Rows selected.  but once you use the "Values as Rows" option (from the Value styling subsection), the row headers don't get styled like the column headers do when using this Field formating tool.  

It would be nice to get this fixed sooner than later, and we shouldn't have to submit an "idea" for it, since it is implied that this functionality already exists (works for columns headers, so why not row headers?)

It's a shame this hasn't been fixed. 

Please fix this as it the primary requirement

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.