Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rloski-public
Helper I
Helper I

Formatting Column Totals in Matix when moving values to row groups

I have a matrix.  The row group is Sales Rep and the Column group is Month.  The values are various measures.

I set the Values option on the matrix "Switch values to rows" to on, which displays each value as a row in the matrix.

2023-06-15_15-58-23.jpg  

It displays quite nicely with one exception.  Half of my screen has the totals for each column, one row for each of the values.

What are the options for displaying the totals?  I would like to have the totals as an unexpanded group at the bottom of the matrix where the user can expand the column totals when she wants.  Alternately, I want the totals at the very bottom of the matrix so that the user has to scroll to the bottom to find the column totals.

The bottom line is that I don't want to block the user from seeing as much of the Sales Rep data as they can (an multiple Sales Reps as well) without the totals blocking. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@rloski-public , To hide and show option is under sub total for total(too) in matrix visual

#shorts #learnpowerbi Power BI how to show/hide subtotal, grand total| Matrix Per Row Level - #shorts #learnpowerbi Power BI how to show/hide subtotal, grand total| Matrix Per Row Level

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@rloski-public , To hide and show option is under sub total for total(too) in matrix visual

#shorts #learnpowerbi Power BI how to show/hide subtotal, grand total| Matrix Per Row Level - #shorts #learnpowerbi Power BI how to show/hide subtotal, grand total| Matrix Per Row Level

One follow up question before I accept this as answer as solution.  Is there a way to set the visibility of total/subtotal based on a measure?  My plan would be to create a measure driven by a slider selection to show or hide the total/subtotal.

I just copied the Matrix.  In one I hid the row subtotals.  In one I removed the row header, so that all I had were my values.  I then used book marks and two buttons to show and hide the total and details.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.