Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kandarp
Helper I
Helper I

Format page navigator or bookmark navigator as dropdown.

I have few pages in my report. I am trying to show them as dropdown using page navigator but there is no as such option.

I want to implement this, withiout any search button and directly on dropdown selection. 

How to do that. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Kandarp 

The slicer visual can only let you make a selection but it cannot set up an action for page navigation, so I think this is not possible without a button. The button is for the page navigation action. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kandarp ,

1. On the Home tab, select Enter data.

The Create Table dialog box opens.

2. In the Create Table dialog box, enter the names of your pages in the column. Power BI uses an exact string match to set the drillthrough destination, so ensure that the values you entered exactly match your drillthrough page names.

3. After you've created the table, add it to the page as a single-select slicer.

Create a page navigation button and select the conditional formatting option for the destination:

1. Under Style, set Action to On, and then expand Action. Select Page navigation for Type, and then select the Conditional formatting (fx) icon next to the Destination.

2. On the Destination - Action page, select the name of the column you created. In this case, it's Select a destination.

Now the button can navigate to different pages, depending on the user’s selection.
    You can also follow this link :-
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/button-navigators?tabs=powerbi-desktop

Thanks ,
    Pratyasha Samal
    Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
    If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Dhairya
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Please refer to below link this may help you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER9F3sHdqiY

Please mark this reply as as accepted solution if it helped you!

Thanks @pratyashasamal @Dhairya for the reply. 

After going thorugh solution provided by you, it seems I have to add one extra "search" button along with dropdown. 

My requirement is to navigate between pages whatever I select directly in dropdown and without having any extra click on button. 

For an example from below screenshot, 

Kandarp_0-1686030190983.png

If I select option Page 1 from dropdown, it should immediately redirect me to Page 1. If I select Page 2, it should redirect me to page 2 without any extra click on button.

Please let me know if it is possible. 

Hi @Kandarp 

The slicer visual can only let you make a selection but it cannot set up an action for page navigation, so I think this is not possible without a button. The button is for the page navigation action. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Hi @Kandarp ,
You can follow this link to add search button for your drop down
https://www.google.com/search?q=search+button+along+with+dropdown+in+power+bi&rlz=1C1GCEU_en-GBIN101...

Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.

@Kandarp  Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors