Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Upali63
Helper II
Helper II

Format Date in Matrix Title

I have below shown title in my matrix . Here I want the date to be shown in

"Total Quantities Sold for the day - 12-Oct 2023" (date format to be changed). I have tried with format command but it does not work. Please help to solve the above issue.

Upali63_0-1697202846905.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Upali63 ,

To change the date format in your matrix title, you need to use a DAX expression that returns the formatted date as a text value. You can use the FORMAT function to do this.

"Total Quantities Sold for the day - " & FORMAT([Date], “dd-MMM-yyyy”)

This will return a text value like “Total Quantities Sold for the day - 12-Oct-2023”. You can then use this expression as the title of your matrix visual.

Alternatively, you can create a new measure that returns the formatted date as a text value.

Formatted Date = FORMAT(MAX([Date]), “dd-MMM-yyyy”)

This will return the maximum date in your data set as a text value in the format “dd-MMM-yyyy”. You can then use the following expression as the title of your matrix visual:

"Total Quantities Sold for the day - " & [Formatted Date]

Power BI Date Format Hack to Change the Date in Any Format - YouTube

How to CHANGE Date FORMAT in Power BI - YouTube

Power BI Tutorial on Date Formatting and adding Formatted Date to Slicer - YouTube

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Upali63 ,

To change the date format in your matrix title, you need to use a DAX expression that returns the formatted date as a text value. You can use the FORMAT function to do this.

"Total Quantities Sold for the day - " & FORMAT([Date], “dd-MMM-yyyy”)

This will return a text value like “Total Quantities Sold for the day - 12-Oct-2023”. You can then use this expression as the title of your matrix visual.

Alternatively, you can create a new measure that returns the formatted date as a text value.

Formatted Date = FORMAT(MAX([Date]), “dd-MMM-yyyy”)

This will return the maximum date in your data set as a text value in the format “dd-MMM-yyyy”. You can then use the following expression as the title of your matrix visual:

"Total Quantities Sold for the day - " & [Formatted Date]

Power BI Date Format Hack to Change the Date in Any Format - YouTube

How to CHANGE Date FORMAT in Power BI - YouTube

Power BI Tutorial on Date Formatting and adding Formatted Date to Slicer - YouTube

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Upali63 ,

try changing the calendar date column from the data view to match the format you want.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea 💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks

Result is still the same

Below is my calendar Table

Upali63_0-1697211408965.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.