Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bryceicals
Frequent Visitor

Forced to Login again after opening a new Report

Hi Guys,

Whenever I open a Desktop report, I am being forced to login to my PowerBI account before Publishing.

I have been having this issue since I updated to the most recent version of PowerBI desktop.

Previously, I would be continuiously logged into my account when I open multiple reports.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Regards,

Bryce

3 REPLIES 3
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@bryceicals

I just tested with the latest PBI Desktop Version: 2.38.4491.282 64-bit (August 2016), I can get the user logged in automatically with following steps. Do you have different result with them?

1. Open a .pbix file and user has not signed in.
  2. Sign in with a proper user by clicking the “Sign in” button in the upper right corner.
  3. Open some other .pbix files, the same user will sign in automatically.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hi Herbert,

I am following the same step process, however on Step 3, I am being forced to login again. Where it used to have my name, It now has 'Sign In' appearing again.

Regards,

Bryce

@bryceicals

I tested both on EN Win10 and Win2012R2 with latest desktop version and both worked. Did you use different OS or version with me? You can try to uninstall the PBI Desktop from your computer completely and restart, then download and reinstall the latest version.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.