Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CJANE
Helper I
Helper I

Fitler values listed in date hierarchy slicer

I have added a hierarchy slicer to my report that shows month and year.  The date range is 1979 to 2016.  The user really onlys the slicer to list 2015 and 2016 and each corresponding month.  Any suggestion on how I can use the hierarchly slicer but only list 2015 and 2016 on the report.  Displaying 1979 to 2016 is to long of a list.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I must be overlooking the obvious but I'm not able to add a page or report level filer allowing me to select the YEAR to display in the slicer.  I would have to deselect hundreds of options.  My field I am using includes Month, Day, and Year.

Capture3.PNG

Capture5.PNG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pratkat
Frequent Visitor

Hi @CJANE,

Place "Year" field in Report level filter and select the years you want to display in report. If you want the slicer to effect just that page use page level filters.

In your case - select 2015 and 2016 in report / page level filter.

I must be overlooking the obvious but I'm not able to add a page or report level filer allowing me to select the YEAR to display in the slicer.  I would have to deselect hundreds of options.  My field I am using includes Month, Day, and Year.

Capture3.PNG

Capture5.PNG

pratkat
Frequent Visitor

In the Visual slicer i see that you selected "Year" field, use the same "Year" field for report level filter instead of "Last primary trade date" field.

or

Under filter type - you see Basic filtering .. drill down and select advanced filtering and from the calender select 01/01/2016 to 12/31/2017. It just displays 2016 and 2017.

Hi @pratkat,

I think you can add a normal slicer to and use date.year as the source, when you select 2016 and 2017 on this slicer, it will filter data.

1.PNG2.PNG
Notice: please ensure the interaction of slicer and hierarchy slicer has turned on.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Thank you for the reply. Will use it when i get to build the year filter. This query if for @CJANE, hope he resolved the issue.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks,

Kate

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.