Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ScottBrown
Helper I
Helper I

Fiscal Year Relationshiip

I have a Fiscal Year Table that shows the Period Start Date and Period End Date with the related Fiscal Year from the ERP.  I am trying to link it to a SharePoint list and based upon the Created Date of the List assign the correct Fiscal Year and Period to it to build the Power-BI artifacts.

I saw the USERELATIONSHIP for the Inactive piece and the relationship for the Active One.

• Created Date >= PeriodStartDate 
  • Created Date <= PeriodEndDate

Not sure where to enter the Filter syntax.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ScottBrown 

According to your example data

Create measures in "fiscal year table"

start month = MONTH(MAX('fiscal year table'[PeriodStartDate ]))

end month = MONTH(MAX('fiscal year table'[PeriodEndDate]))

Create measures in "sharepoint list"

year = YEAR(MAX('sharepoint list'[created date]))

month = MONTH(MAX('sharepoint list'[created date]))

fiscal year created = 
IF('sharepoint list'[month]>=[start month],'sharepoint list'[year]+1,IF('sharepoint list'[month]<=[end month],'sharepoint list'[year]))

m date = MAX('sharepoint list'[created date])

M-start = CALCULATE(MAX('fiscal year table'[period start date]),FILTER(ALL('fiscal year table'),'fiscal year table'[fiscal year]=[fiscal year created]&&'fiscal year table'[period start date]<=[m date]))

M-end = CALCULATE(MIN('fiscal year table'[period end date]),FILTER(ALL('fiscal year table'),'fiscal year table'[fiscal year]=[fiscal year created]&&'fiscal year table'[period end date]>=[m date]))

M-period = CALCULATE(MAX('fiscal year table'[fiscal period]),FILTER(ALL('fiscal year table'),'fiscal year table'[period start date]=[M-start]&&'fiscal year table'[period end date]=[M-end]))

9.png

Please note, in my test, there is no relationship between two tables.

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ScottBrown 

According to your example data

Create measures in "fiscal year table"

start month = MONTH(MAX('fiscal year table'[PeriodStartDate ]))

end month = MONTH(MAX('fiscal year table'[PeriodEndDate]))

Create measures in "sharepoint list"

year = YEAR(MAX('sharepoint list'[created date]))

month = MONTH(MAX('sharepoint list'[created date]))

fiscal year created = 
IF('sharepoint list'[month]>=[start month],'sharepoint list'[year]+1,IF('sharepoint list'[month]<=[end month],'sharepoint list'[year]))

m date = MAX('sharepoint list'[created date])

M-start = CALCULATE(MAX('fiscal year table'[period start date]),FILTER(ALL('fiscal year table'),'fiscal year table'[fiscal year]=[fiscal year created]&&'fiscal year table'[period start date]<=[m date]))

M-end = CALCULATE(MIN('fiscal year table'[period end date]),FILTER(ALL('fiscal year table'),'fiscal year table'[fiscal year]=[fiscal year created]&&'fiscal year table'[period end date]>=[m date]))

M-period = CALCULATE(MAX('fiscal year table'[fiscal period]),FILTER(ALL('fiscal year table'),'fiscal year table'[period start date]=[M-start]&&'fiscal year table'[period end date]=[M-end]))

9.png

Please note, in my test, there is no relationship between two tables.

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Almost; however, the Period Start/End dates are the 12 Fiscal Periods in the Year which they start on different days of the month.  I need to filter the SP List created date between the Period Start & Period End Dates to find the Fiscal Year and Fiscal Period. 

Hope this helps.

FYear_FPeriods.png

Hi @ScottBrown 

Look into my previous post i have edited.

In that post, i can create measures in SP List to show correct fiscal year and period for created date according to "fiscal year table".

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.