Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pbi_newbie222

First two digit labels in Azure Maps

Hi,

I have trouble creating a Azure map which shows Germany divided into areas based on the first two digits of german zip codes.

Later on, I want to fill these areas based on a measure.

For this, I created a Azure map and put the zip codes into the Location.

However, it does not recognize these first two digits as german zip codes and shows the areas in Columbia. That is why I added an additional Country column in the Location with the value "Germany".  When drilling down with showing all element on the next level in the hierarchy, it works.

If I drill down to the lowest level directly, again, it shows Columbia.

However, I want the labels to only show the digits and remove the label of the Country hierarchy level (see Screenshot).

Is this possible? Or are there other ways to achieve what I want?

pbi_newbie222_1-1714394922732.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pbi_newbie222 ,

To accurately represent the German postal code area. Azure Maps offers a geocoding service that converts addresses to latitude and longitude coordinates.

Below is the official link will help you:

Search for a location using Azure Maps Search services | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xiandat-msft ,

sorry for the late response. Unfortunately, I am not able to use the Azure Maps service. Is there any possibility to solve this issue in Power BI itself?
For me it is hard to understand why I cannot adjust the hierarchy levels to show only the level I want or to make Power BI understand that these are german zip codes while having a filled Azure map.

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.