Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

bbass82
Regular Visitor

First Timer - Beginner Level - Looking for help hiding Budget in visual

Hi All,

Looking for help in solving the below issue that I am struggling with. Essentially what I am looking to do is hide budget from my quarter view in my visual and only show it visually at a total level. Not sure if I need use calculated groups or if there is another solution. I only have FY budget so only want to show it at total level and not in the quarterly views. 

Looking to not show budget in Q3 and Q4.Looking to not show budget in Q3 and Q4.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @bbass82 ,

You can turn off text wrap to minimize the width of columns that don't need to be displayed.

vcgaomsft_0-1716788235142.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shravan133
Resolver I
Resolver I

You could conditionally format thefont color of values in budget column to white and it will hide all the values. Dont apply to total. see image below:

Shravan133_0-1716501400609.png

Or remove the budget column and display it as a card seperately.

Is there a way to do the same on total row level for the budget column?

Also is there a way to hide the now blank columns and not have the matrix expand vetically causing it to not look the same?

bbass82_0-1716556019504.png

Hi @bbass82 ,

You can turn off text wrap to minimize the width of columns that don't need to be displayed.

vcgaomsft_0-1716788235142.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.