Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Perez08
Regular Visitor

Find average GPA for numerous couses

Hi everyone!  I'm fairly new to PowerBI.  I need help figuring out how to find the average GPA of a number of courses.  I'm sure there's a better way to do this but I started out by creating conditional columns that give me the point value of each grade for each course.  Now I need to get the average GPA for those classes.  Not every student has completed all of the necessary courses, so those are "null".  Here's a snip of the table I'm creating: 

Perez08_0-1675455486225.png

So, each row has the students UID number followed by the courses needed to complete that degree.  I've only changed the letter grade to the point value on the first two courses so far.  If there's a better way to do that beside creating a conditional column for each, I'd love to know!  If not, I'll continue to create conditional columns for each course with the point value.  

Once that's done I need to calculate the GPA for each student.  Idealy, I'd like to show it at the end of each row as the "total".

I hope all of that makes sense! Any help is greatly appreciated!!  

1 REPLY 1
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share some data in a format that can be pasted in an MS Excel file.  Show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors