Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sentsara
Helper II
Helper II

Filtering last 3 months data in PowerBI

Hi,

Right now,I manually filter the last 3 months from the visual filter "DayNumberOfMonth" =April,May and June..

I need dyanamically the last 3 months should be filtered every month.how this can be done?

VisualLevel FilterVisualLevel Filter

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @sentsara

If you add a DateTime field to the filter you can use the Relative date filtering option and set your criteria as preferred.

image.png

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

Kingdom4400
Frequent Visitor

Hi @sentsara, that was my issue until i've found out about relative filtering in slicers.

For the last three months or any other time period, instead of using filters, add a date slicer into your report, select carat in upper right of the slicer and select relative from dropdwon. The rest steps are pretty evident, choose last three months and that's done!

You can find the whole text and guideline here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-slicer-filter-date-range

Hope this helps.

Ehsan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kingdom4400
Frequent Visitor

Hi @sentsara, that was my issue until i've found out about relative filtering in slicers.

For the last three months or any other time period, instead of using filters, add a date slicer into your report, select carat in upper right of the slicer and select relative from dropdwon. The rest steps are pretty evident, choose last three months and that's done!

You can find the whole text and guideline here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-slicer-filter-date-range

Hope this helps.

Ehsan

Thanks kingdom.

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @sentsara

If you add a DateTime field to the filter you can use the Relative date filtering option and set your criteria as preferred.

image.png

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @Phil_Seamark ,

Suppose If I have only month column and don't have date column in that case how can we achieve this scenario.
I have month column, Month number and year column with me.

Thanks,

Arvind

Hi Phil!
I have a line graph with this filter, but I also need that if the user wants to look for other date, could do it. For example look for the same month but on 2022.

But this will be filter all data of report

Thanks phil got it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors