Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering by measure

Hi all, 

I have created a measure that counts the number of employees that are working more than 30 hours. I have then tried to calculate the sum of the working hours filtering by this measure. This is so that I get the hours that each employee has worked overtime.but the problem i have is that i cannot calculate and filter a measure. 

Therefore, I would like to be able to create another measure that says if a month is selected then return the number of hours that the employees have been working FILTERING only those that are working more than 30 hours (above measure) else return ALL EMPLOYEES regardless of whether they are working more than 30 hours. 

I think my issue here is that i cannot calculate and filter a MEASURE. is there a way to do so? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Could you pls share some sample data with expected output for test?

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my reply as a solution!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous You can use a measure in the Filters pane. Otherwise, will need more information. Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.