Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Sagarkansal
Helper I
Helper I

Filtering X and Y Axis in Scatter/Bubble Chart

I want to filter the X and y axis of Scatter plot chart on the basis of the particular column value/s in the respactive columns.

The thing I wish to achieve is as follows:2016-17-Scatter-PBI.JPG

i.e I wish to show CY (Calendar Year) individually on either axis withthe dots representing sales. This is only achieved if I have 2 separate columns 2016 and 2017 having Sales values in those colums.

What I have and whose configuration (or another additional table I dont require) I dont want to change is a table with :

1. Column1: CY (Calendar Year) with Years Mentioned below

2. Column 2: Sales (containing Sales values).

When I put CY (Calendar Year) column into X and Y axis fields in scatter plot, I achieve somethign like this:

Cy-CY-Proglem-Scatter chart-PBI.JPG

I cannot filter the required Years (2016 and 2017) from CY on X and Y axis.

How can this be achieved?

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sagarkansal,

Please share some sample data or pbix file for further test.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft.....

Here is the simplest ExampleExample_PBI.JPG

When I Put Year Column both in  X and Y axis fields of the scatter plot, this is achieved:

Cy-CY-Proglem-Scatter chart-PBI.JPG

Now I wish to filter the Years 2016 and 2017 on X anhd Y Axis of Sctter plot. I dod not want to Pivot Years onto Sales or creating  another Table. The product I wish to achieve looks like this:

2016-17-Scatter-PBI.JPG

How can this be achieved?

Hi @Sagarkansal,

I think you need to add other column to one of axises, you can't use same value to display different result on y axis and x axis.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.