Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mathiasrs
Frequent Visitor

Filtered measure based on another measure

Hello there,

Sorry in advance if the question may seem simple, but I am having a hard time solving the problem.

I have created a measure that calculates the inventory turnover ratio as:

ITR Operationel = DIVIDE(
    CALCULATE(SUM(LAGPOST[ANTAL]) * -1, FILTER(LAGPOST, LAGPOST[ANTAL] < 0)),
    [AverageInventory],
)

In this code, the cases where ITR = Infinity, I am setting the value of ITR to 1234. 

Subsequently, I have created a measure like this:

FilteredITR = 
    AVERAGEX(SUMMARIZE(LAGPOST, LAGPOST[VARENUMMER], "toAverage", [ITR Operationel]), [ITR Operationel])

Which calculates the average [ITR Operationel] grouped by itemid (LAGPOST[VARENUMMER]). 

I would, however, like to only calculate the average [ITR Operationel] for itemid's where the [ITR Operationel] <> 1234.

I hope you are able to help me, and once again sorry in advance if the question is poorly described or is easily answered.
Best regards.

3 REPLIES 3
mathiasrs
Frequent Visitor

@DataInsights 

I have since made attempts to solve the issue, and your code seems to achieve something similar to what I have managed. However, it seems that the average ITR that is calculated, does not return the correct result. If I create a table measure, and export the data of [ITR Operationel] grouped by my LAGPOST[VARENUMMER] (Item ID), and then calculate the average of all values in this table in excel, I get a different result, from what the DAX measure you wrote returns.

Let me know if I can add anything to my problem description to enable you to help me more efficiently. 

Thank you so much in advance.

@mathiasrs,

I would need to see your DAX, sample data (table format or pbix link), and expected result.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@mathiasrs,

Try this measure:

FilteredITR =
VAR vBaseTable =
    ADDCOLUMNS ( VALUES ( LAGPOST[VARENUMMER] ), "@toAverage", [ITR Operationel] )
VAR vFinalTable =
    FILTER ( vBaseTable, [@toAverage] <> 1234 )
VAR vResult =
    AVERAGEX ( vFinalTable, [@toAverage] )
RETURN
    vResult

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.