Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amalrio
Helper V
Helper V

Filter year in a calculate function

Hi Gurus, 

I want to filter Year from a measure using CALCULATE function. 

below is the measure I want, it work fine without Year >= "2021" how could I work this one

Measure = 

VAR Result = CALCULATE(
SUM('FACT-Data'[NUMARIC]),
'DIM-Matrics'[MATRIX_ID] = 14,
'Date'[Year] >= "2021"
)

RETURN
Result

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@amalrio ,

What is the data format of Date[Year]? If you have any Date column with proper format date like YYYY-MM-DD or any other format so try below DAX:

Measure =
VAR Result = CALCULATE(
SUM('Table'[Sales]),
'Table'[ID] = 14,
YEAR('Table'[Date]) >= 2020
)
RETURN
Result

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@amalrio 

Try the following formula:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('FACT-Data'[NUMARIC]),FILTER('DIM-Matrics','DIM-Matrics'[MATRIX_ID] = 14),FILTER('Date','Date'[Year] >= "2021"))

thanks a lot for the reply. It did not work for me.

my requirement was to return blank when the data for that year is blank. Manged to get it done with a simple IF statment :).

Thanks a lot

@amalrio ,

What is the data format of Date[Year]? If you have any Date column with proper format date like YYYY-MM-DD or any other format so try below DAX:

Measure =
VAR Result = CALCULATE(
SUM('Table'[Sales]),
'Table'[ID] = 14,
YEAR('Table'[Date]) >= 2020
)
RETURN
Result

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.