Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter with excel file or txt

Good Monning 

does anyone know how to filter a data set, in this case some reference codes from an excel file or a txt file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Based on the info you've given, I'd import the data from excel and merge with the data with an inner join. Link to example below.

(Change the pFolder parameter in the PBIX file to the folder path you download and unzip to, including the last '\')

Example 

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KNP
Super User
Super User

Yes. 😉

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523#M6071... 

Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Anonymous
Not applicable

could you help me and tell me how to do it

I'd be happy to help but you're going to need to provide more information about your specific scenario, which is why I posted that link.

Give us some sample data and more detail to work with. 

chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

KIfp67uy-Sr
Anonymous
Not applicable

the scenario would be this, I have an item code database of about 700,000 items and I want to filter only for 100 items to track sales. I don't want to use the basic filter and manually select 100 references but I would like to load these references from an excel or txt file and use them as a filter.

Based on the info you've given, I'd import the data from excel and merge with the data with an inner join. Link to example below.

(Change the pFolder parameter in the PBIX file to the folder path you download and unzip to, including the last '\')

Example 

chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

KIfp67uy-Sr
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you can use power query for that

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.