Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bo_afk
Post Patron
Post Patron

Filter values blurry

I have two slicers in my report for dates, but the values for one slicer appear to be blurry compared to the other slicer. The only difference between the two is that one displays more months than the other.

Filter blur.JPG

Anyone have any idea why this is the case and how we can "fix" it?

Also note that I am in "Fit to page" page view. When I view it in "actual size" it is no longer blurry.

9 REPLIES 9
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Look at the Items and specifically the Color of the Items. Change it to Black, it is likely some sort of gray.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Greg_Deckler , I can confirm that both colours are exactly the same. Whilst not back, the colour codes are the same. 

When I change the page view though (to actual size), the blurriness is no longer present 

@bo_afk that's a weird one. Some kind of scaling issue it sounds like. Would love to see that PBIX and see if I get the same thing. What version of the desktop are you on?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Unfortunately I'm unable to share the PBIX. I'm currently on version 2.75.5649.801.

I've also noticed that if I reduce the number of months displayed, the blurrienss disappears as well. Anything higher than 5 months displayed will cause blurriness. This is the same for both slicers that I have.

Weird...

bo_afk
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi @Anonymous , @amitchandak , thanks for your suggestions.

These two slicers are actually a copy of another. I just changed the field.

Also, the format painter function doesn't look to work on a slicer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Format painter should have work incase it is not working manually format it by click on visual then at right side click on formatting and set colour to particular colour for both slicers.

Thanks
Pravin

It works on other visuals but not on a slicer. When I click on slicer and then format painter, it doesn't do anything. 

The colours both both slicers are already the same (white).

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

From the correct one copy property (use brush), just like we copy font and other properties in excel or word. And put on the other one and check

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's formatting issue.
Go to home tab click on copy format and select second visual. So that both visuals have same formatting.

Thanks
Pravin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.