Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jameslloyd_tl

Filter table after drill through using different column values from the passed value

Hi,

1. I have a table with three columns: Destination, Block and Shop. I click on a row under the Shop column and then drill through on this value. Example:

DestinationBlockShop
Oxford StreetANike
Oxford StreetAApple
Oxford StreetBVodafone
Carnaby StreetAGucci

2. On the drill through page, I have another table with the same format. If I drill through using 'Nike', I would like the new table to display the following, i.e. find all of the Blocks where nike is present and return all of those blocks.

DestinationBlockShop
Oxford StreetANike
Oxford StreetAApple

Any help greatly appreciated as I cannot figure this one out! Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jameslloyd_tl

In the end, I realised I was overcomplicated this. I created a new table using a full outer join to get all of the combinations of shop matches within a block. I then created a linking table and used a combination of these to put together the table visual and for the drill down filter.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jameslloyd_tl

In the end, I realised I was overcomplicated this. I created a new table using a full outer join to get all of the combinations of shop matches within a block. I then created a linking table and used a combination of these to put together the table visual and for the drill down filter.

jameslloyd_tl

I've been trying a new solution. I have generated a new table called groups, which iterates through the original table, adding rows for every possible combination, like so:

DestinationBlockShopBlock Shop CountMatch IDIndex
Oxford StreetANike211
Oxford StreetANike222
Oxford StreetAApple213
Oxford StreetAApple224
Oxford StreetBVodafone115
Carnaby StreetAGucci116

I am then trying to calculate a new column using the below, but I am just getting blanks. The Lookup table is a duplicate of the above.

Pair = 
LOOKUPVALUE (
    'Groupings Lookup'[Shop],
    'Groupings Lookup'[Destination], 'Groupings'[Destination],
    'Groupings Lookup'[Block], 'Groupings'[Block],
    'Groupings Lookup'[Match ID], 'Groupings'[Match ID],
    'Groupings Lookup'[Index], Groupings[Index] + Groupings[Block Shop Count]
)

The expected output should be: 

DestinationBlockShopBlock Shop CountMatch IDIndexPair
Oxford StreetANike211Nike
Oxford StreetANike222Apple
Oxford StreetAApple213Apple
Oxford StreetAApple224Nike
Oxford StreetBVodafone115Vodafone
Carnaby StreetAGucci116Gucci

My calculation for the first row would be
Search for:
- Destination: Oxford Street
- Block: A
- Match ID: 1
- Index: 1 + 2 = 3
Which in theory should bring us Apple. Which isn't quite what I was looking for but it is still a correct pairing but as I said, I am just getting blank which suggests a match wasn't found.

v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jameslloyd_tl 

On the destination page, add Block column to Drill-through fields region and switch off Keep all filters. 

vjingzhanmsft_0-1711531346451.png

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

Hi, this doesn't work because a shop could be in more than one block. Thanks for your attempt though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.