Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Danial26

Filter rows based on 2 related tables

Hi There,

So I have 2 tables with the same unique ID. Both tables has a column called department name. The Business logic behind both tables are as below:

Table B can have a value of Department 1 but have have 2 different Department Value in Table A. 

Table A can have a value of Department 1 but Have no Values at all in Table B

Table A:

ID

Department Name

Dep1

Dep2

Dep3

Dep1

Table B:

IDDepartment Name
1Dep1
2Dep1
3Dep3

So I would like to create a table visuals in PowerBI that has filter out the row of Filter A Based on the column from Table B that has a value of Dep1 and also Value of Dep1 In Table A

ID (From Table A)Department Name
1Dep1
2Dep2
4Dep1

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Danial26 , Create a slicer based on Table A dept

Create a measure and add it to the visual having column from table 2 or use it as a visual level filter

measure = calculate(countrows(Table2), filter(Table2, Table2[dept] in values(Table1[Dept]) ) )

Hi @amitchandak , I am so sorry but I was editing my post and before I managed to post it, you manage to answer it. There is another condition that I have added. Do you think it will work with the added conditions? so sorry again as I am new to the community 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.