Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mdubose
Helper I
Helper I

Filter report table values as hyperlink

Hello,

I have Power BI Desktop optimized for Report Server.  I have two reports within the same report. 

Report1 table value should link to Report2.  For example:

Report1:

Table1

a1
b2
c3

Report2:

Table1

Data from row a

I've followed the steps in this article: Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL by creating a string parameter URL then using conditional formatting and web url to make my column a hyperlink that links to Report2.

This works fine if Report2 was a seperate report that's published to Report Server. However, how can I navigate from Report1 to Report2  within the same report where the table values are a hyperlink?

I want to add a functionality in which if I click on a particular table value it leads me to another page or bookmark in same report. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rajulshah
Super User
Super User

@mdubose ,

The functionality you stated can be easily achieved using Drillthrough. May I ask why you aren't using drillthrough feature?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rajulshah
Super User
Super User

@mdubose ,

The functionality you stated can be easily achieved using Drillthrough. May I ask why you aren't using drillthrough feature?

@rajulshah ,

I'm able to achieve my requirement using Drillthrough.  Thank you.

Hi @rajulshah ,

I'm not familiar with the drillthrough feature. Is this feature available in Power BI Desktop optimized for Report Server?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.