Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter report/dashboard to show only the latest entry

Hi all,

I have setup a questonnaire in the form of a SharePoint List which is available via PowerApps. I have used Flow to write the results to Power BI where the users scores are visualised to show strengths/weaknesses (all working fine).

I would like to display the results by using Power BI tiles on the final page of the PowerApps application. My problem is that I do not know how to filter the dashbaord so that only the most recent entry is displayed.

I.e. I would like for user D to fill in the questionairre and go to the results page where they only see the results for User D. (At the moment I would see results for users A,B,C & D).

I hope that I have provided enough info.

Thanks,

Jamie 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous 

Sure. Happy to help. 

Please find the pbix file at below mentioned location for your reference.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vF-KU3YEvDxIC-DVGvVmA23lFB9FvHBG

Please refer the screenshots as well. In 1st screenshot you will see 2 tables. Right table shows all the data for different users. Left table shows only the latest date score. You can also see the DAX measure created to achieve this.

In second screenshot you will see the Row Level Security implemented. I have currently assigned my email id to user D.  Then on viewing it as per the RLS role, I can see only records associated with User D.  You will have to replace sample email id's with your relevant email id's.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Hope this helps !!

Please mark the answer as accepted if the solution was appropriate.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JIGAR
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Anonymous 

Your dashboard tile is a visual from report itself. 

So have your report visual filtered based on latest date. Hint : You can use LASTNONBLANK() function in DAX.

Also you will have to implement Row Level Security in order to see results only for a specific user. Use USERPRINCIPALNAME() or USERNAME() function from DAX to filter data for logged on user.

Hope this helps !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @JIGAR 

Thanks for the suggestion. 

I am completely new to Power BI (should have mentioned this!) but what you have said makes sense. 

Would you be able to let me know how to apply DAX to filters please?

Thanks a lot for your help

@Anonymous 

Sure. Happy to help. 

Please find the pbix file at below mentioned location for your reference.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vF-KU3YEvDxIC-DVGvVmA23lFB9FvHBG

Please refer the screenshots as well. In 1st screenshot you will see 2 tables. Right table shows all the data for different users. Left table shows only the latest date score. You can also see the DAX measure created to achieve this.

In second screenshot you will see the Row Level Security implemented. I have currently assigned my email id to user D.  Then on viewing it as per the RLS role, I can see only records associated with User D.  You will have to replace sample email id's with your relevant email id's.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Hope this helps !!

Please mark the answer as accepted if the solution was appropriate.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

That has worked; thanks very much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @JIGAR 

Thanks for the suggestion. 

I am completely new to Power BI (should have mentioned this!) but what you have said makes sense. 

Would you be able to let me know how to apply DAX to filters please?

Thanks a lot for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.