Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cody99
Helper II
Helper II

Filter on a visual for last week, and for last month?!

I just realized that the filters "pane" on a visual for last week, and for last month, seems to be 7 days back and 30 days back.

I need it to relative to the week and month im in, but it dosent seem to work like that.
and i hoped i didnt have to write DAX for this?

Anyone know if i do anything wrong. I mean, last week shold be an easy and most intuitive "last week" and not previusly 7 days..
Also i dont see the diffrence between inte last week, or in the last calender week.

6 REPLIES 6
Cody99
Helper II
Helper II

No one?

Cody99
Helper II
Helper II

So no one?
This is the case then, a week cant start on a monday in a simple filter, it has to be a DAX thing?

Cody99
Helper II
Helper II

Seeems to be an issue? but there must be a way and not having to create dax mesures?
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Page-Filter-Relative-date-filtering-week-start-day/m-p/9212...

Do i really have to do this insain workaround just to start a week slicer from monday?
https://radacad.com/week-to-date-calculation-in-power-bi-with-dax

chrisyan_manalu
Helper II
Helper II

@Cody99 would you share the example data and the expectation output ? 

Humm, i have about 2-3 months of data, with dates on "every data point"
I have solved previus month, that seems to be fine with  filtering " calendar month" instead of "month"
but if i want to only show last week (mon to sunday) it shows sund-saturday. with the filter "calendar week" on a filter.
maybe a setting in the settings for the application, i will have a look."

I found regional settings, but is says:
"Language used when comparing strings in data for creating internal date fields. this only applies when a report is first created, and cant be changed on existing reports"

So i guess its not there.

But on "current file" in settings there something similar.
Regional settings, but that one is set to my contry, and says it 
intepret nubers dates and times in imported text, but i dont think its that setting either.

Cody99
Helper II
Helper II

Humm it seems to work with calendar month, but week is starting on a sunday?
Any way of making it mon-sun instead?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.