Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wingsted93
Frequent Visitor

Filter line chart without changing data

I have made a line chart to show active users over time. The values stems from a measure which is summing up the number of registrations minus the number of cancellations:

running total of active users =
CALCULATE(
    [Active users],
    FILTER(
        ALLSELECTED('Kalender'[Date]),
        ISONORAFTER('Kalender'[Date], MAX(Kalender[Date]), DESC)
    )
)

The 'Active users' measure is simply adding the number of regristrations and subtracting the number of cancellations. And the values i use in my line chart is, as the name implies, a running total of that number. 

My line chart is working and showing data on a monthly basis. However, I want to only show data for 6 months back. A simple filter on the chart will change the values. I need a way to filter the X axis without changing data. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @wingsted93 ,

In your measure, replace ALLSELECTED with ALL in that case and check if that works.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @wingsted93 ,

Click on your line chart and got to visual level filters and apply filter on the column that is used on the x-axis.

Consider the following visual where I have got SALES by MONTH-YEAR:

Pragati11_0-1611759122552.png

Now suppose if I just want data to be shown for last 6 months, then apply visual level filter on Date column using Relative Filtering option:

Pragati11_1-1611759222545.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @Pragati11 ,

I have aready tried that, but the values are only true if the calculations are made on the entire dataset, and when i filter the way you propose, i get wrong values on the line chart, as it calculates the difference in user registrations vs user cancellations. I need a way to filter without the measure "knowing" about it.

Hi @wingsted93 ,

In your measure, replace ALLSELECTED with ALL in that case and check if that works.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.