Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tt211595
Frequent Visitor

Filter dashboard based on source table

Hello! I'd like to filter a dashboard based on the source table that the data is coming from. Consider an example where I have four different tables (Contact Info, Demographic Info, Event Info, and Financial Info). If my dashboard has a couple visualizations using variables from "Contact Info," a couple visualizations using variables from "Demographic Info," etc, I'd like to filter the view to see "Contact Info" visualizations only, for example.

tt211595_0-1680364357064.png

I also have a fifth table, "List of Tables," that lists the names of the four data tables, if that's helpful. I'm open to using some sort of slicer to filter or bookmarks to toggle between views. I know I can manually sort the visualizations into bookmarks, but I'm hoping for a way to filter that would allow for additional tables to be added so that I wouldn't have to manually sort them into bookmarks.

Ideally, I'd have some sort of slicer on my dashboard that allows the user to filter by source table.

tt211595_1-1680364760399.png

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@tt211595,

Have you tried using a field parameter? This would allow you to have a generic set of visualizations, and toggle the desired source table to display. You can create a field parameter with either columns or measures.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-field-parameters 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@tt211595,

Have you tried using a field parameter? This would allow you to have a generic set of visualizations, and toggle the desired source table to display. You can create a field parameter with either columns or measures.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-field-parameters 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

This is great, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.