Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IliasKatsis
Frequent Visitor

Filter a Table with a date slice(coming from a calendar table) with no relationship between them

Hello everyone,

I have this table 

IliasKatsis_0-1667380838298.png

coming from a big fact table which contains dates (Start & end date of campaing). This table concerns aggragated data.

My dashboard also have this date slicer 

IliasKatsis_1-1667381413216.png

which is coming from a date table and have no relationship with the fact table.

How is it possible to filter the aggragated table with the slicer dates by using a measure a DAX?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @IliasKatsis 

You can use the FILTER() function, and the ALLSELECTED() function to filter your fact table like this:

var _min_slicer = MIN('Date'[Date])

var _max_slicer = MAX('Date'[Date])

var _t=FILTER(ALLSELECTED('fact table'), 'fact table'[Date] >=_min_slicer && 'fact table'[Date] <= _max_slicer )

return _t

Then you can get the table you want, and then you also can use MAXX() and MINX() and so on functions you want to get the value.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @IliasKatsis 

Why aren't you connecting the date table to the fact table so you can filter with the slicer?  This is the way PBI is intended to work.  Looks like you are making things hard for yourself??

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks for your answer but i want to achieve a spesific type of filtering now and the table connection does not help me
Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.