Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Peavey
Helper II
Helper II

Filter YEAR in 20 multiple columns

I have 20 colums containing dates the next 30 years. My goal is to filter year by year.

How can I acheive this?

Thanks

-A-

8 REPLIES 8
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Peavey 

Create a year column, e.g. Year= Year('Table'[Date]), then filter the year with the slicer.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Maybe I don't understand well enough, but the dates (and year) is in 20 different columns. How can I filter on all at once?

-A-

Hi, @Peavey 

Could you please consdier sharing more details about it or a simple sample file without any sesentive information for further discussion?

I have a sample file that I can share, pbix. But how can I post it here?

-A-

Thanks,

File here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lxt5fB-MTl6RKZuyOfXzTszk3vpADZJN/view?usp=sharing

What I am trying to acheive is this: 

I have tasks that has intervals of 7 days, 14 days, 28 days so on. 

I need to show the hourly usage of each ID for each week in a year, hence the reason for filtering on years that is represented in 20 columns.

I hope that was understandable?

-A-

Hi, @Peavey 

Congratulations on your success in sharing the attachment, I downloaded and viewed your file, but I am not very clear on what you mean.
How are these twenty columns generated?, are these twenty columns calculated columns?, what is the role of these twenty columns?, what is the role of this Hour req column, what is the result you need to achieve, please describe your problem in as much detail as possible, it is better to show your desired output in the form of screenshots or tables, so that we can facilitate further discussion, thank you very much for making the attempt.

Best Regards,
Zeon Zheng

Hi,

These are preventive maintenance rounds, re-occurring checks basically. Hours tells how many hours of resources are needed to finish the job. The rounds has a start date and a interval. The 20 columns are calculated from the start date + interval. 

The result I am trying to acheive is to show the weekly hours for these rounds. An overview of the 52 weeks in a year, and hours needed in each week. 

Was this clearer as a explanation?

Thanks

-A-

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.