Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mario-B
Regular Visitor

Filter Value from a supporting table

Hi everyone,

i need help for the following case. I have a measure that calculates the performance of the sales people. And a separate table where bonus values are stored for each performance measure.

I need a solution that compares the performance value in the support table and returns the corresponding bonus value.

In my example, the salesperson has a performance of 1.39 and the bonus value 0.013 must be returned from the comparison table. The next salesperson has a performance value of 1.18 and the value 1.18 must be returned, and so on for each sales person.

image.png

My support table has noch relationship to my fact table. My Datamodel looks like

image (1).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Between two table, I assumed name . Table on left in data screenshot is the salesperson

Bouns rate = maxx(filter(Rate,Rate[%performance] =salesperson [%performance]),rate[bonus])

You can add more conditions

Appreciate your Kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Between two table, I assumed name . Table on left in data screenshot is the salesperson

Bouns rate = maxx(filter(Rate,Rate[%performance] =salesperson [%performance]),rate[bonus])

You can add more conditions

Appreciate your Kudos.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Tough to say. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

But, sounds like you need LOOKUPVALUE?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.