Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ascottprotocol
Regular Visitor

Filled map UK not working in IE but works in chrome

I am having issues with filled maps.

The filled map works fine in Power BI desktop and in my chrome (see below images).

BIChromeMap.JPGBIDesktopMap.JPG

However when a colleague runs it in chrome or IE the filled map just stops at the highest level (see below image).

My postcode field is set to data category: Postal Code.

Is this a bing maps issue or a chrome/IE location settings issue.

Thanks

MapIncognito.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ascottprotocol,

Does your colleague use same version of Chrome /IE as yours? Can he reproduce the issue in other browser such as Firefox and Edge? Also could you please share me the filled map so that I can test it in my environment.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It happens both in edge and firefox. It also happens when I run the report in Incognito Chrome.

How can I share it with you?

Hi @ascottprotocol,

You can use "Publish to Web" feature in Power BI Service to generate a link of the report, then post the link here.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @ascottprotocol,

In my sceaniro, the report shows as expected in both Edge and incognito Chrome. This issue may be related to your broswer settings.

1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Thanks Lydia. It seems to be working for me now too.

What could have caused the issue? Something to do with the dataset not refreshing properly?

Hi @ascottprotocol

Do you get errors in Refresh history? I suspect that it is a intermittent performance issue.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

How can I see a full refresh history? I can only see the last two days.

Hi @ascottprotocol,

Go to settings for your dataset in Power BI Service, you are able to see refresh history.
1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.