Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

asjones
Helper IV
Helper IV

Field Parameters Conflict with Composite Models

I have a Composit Model  and wanted to add a field paramter to swap between two budget types. All was good (love the idea of field paramters.  Then when i tried to publish the report I got a warning message.

""Publishing to Power BI"
"This dataset contins calculated tables or calculated columns that refer to remote tables, which will result in refresh failures after publication. Are you sure you want to continue publishing?"

In diging into this issue it seems to be tied to this

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-composite-models

Section with this text:

Calculated tables aren't supported in the Service using this feature. Attempting to perform a refresh on a dataset with a calculated table or a calculated column that references a DirectQuery data source will result in a "Single sign-on (SSO) credential isn't provided" error message.

I removed the Field Paramter DAX Table and things worked find again.

I am surprised they released Field Paramaters knowing the structure would be incompatable with Composit Models.

Does anyone know of a good solution or know if this is somthing Microsoft is going to fix?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@asjones , if you publish with a warning, does it stop working? It should work with the warnings.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.