Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Digger
Post Patron
Post Patron

Failed to update data source credentials: Incorrect function

I trying to auth to google drive folder  (which worked 3month before today)

Today stupid PBI stop working and show always error

Failed to update data source credentials: Incorrect function

Digger_0-1667846859464.png

Digger_2-1667846956460.png

1. Nothing was changed!!!

2. I tryed reinstall gateways (both personal and onpremise) does not help

3. Itryed reload PBI file to web, does not help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-yangliu-msft  i found problem problem what PBI didnt see full path, i just enter G:\ and it working

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Digger ,

Hi, if it is convenient, can you tell me if you solved the problem yourself through the solution given in your reply above? If you solve it, you can mark your answer and it will help others.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I created a dashboard in Pwer bi desktop where my data sources are Redshift and SQL server. I can see everything in the desktop version, but after publishing, i see this: 

nupurs_0-1667898617004.png

Also, i tried the same creds that I had entered in the desktop version, but everytime the note says that the credentials are invalid. Following error msg was shown while try to validate the credentials again:

Unable to update this data source's credentials. Unable to connect to the data source. Either the data source is inaccessible, a connection timeout occurred, or the data source credentials are invalid. Please verify the data source configuration and contact a data source administrator to troubleshoot this issue.

Details: ODBC: ERROR [08S01] [Microsoft][Amazon Redshift] (10) Error occurred while trying to connect: [SQLState 08S01] could not translate host name "abt-aa-landing-redshift-cluster-nonprod.abbott.com" to address: Unknown host Please have this information handy if you choose to create a support ticket. ActivityId: 51f336e6-3783-416f-b697-e1108b2bbb99 RequestId: 1760c6ea-c947-424f-a754-d1f2c2181475 Cluster URI: https://api.powerbi.com Status code: 400 Time: Tue Nov 08 2022 14:42:48 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Digger ,

You can try the following:

Open a CMD command window, type Whoami, and search for your domain account.

vyangliumsft_0-1667896675594.png

Then click the gear -Manage gateway - to enter the gateway interface.

vyangliumsft_1-1667896675596.png

Find the corresponding data source and enter the Setting.

vyangliumsft_2-1667896675598.png

Put the searched domain account and related password in it, do not click Skip test connection.

vyangliumsft_3-1667896675599.png

If it still doesn't work, you can click on Show details of the error message and tell us the details, we can help you better.

vyangliumsft_4-1667896675601.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yangliu-msft  i found problem problem what PBI didnt see full path, i just enter G:\ and it working

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.